Video/data multiplexing optical transceiver troubleshooting method
Projector repair If the power of the optical transceiver is normal but not working, follow the steps below:
A. The monitor is black, and the data and camera control functions are normal.
1. Check the connector. If it is dirty, wipe it clean with isopropyl alcohol.
2. Unplug the optical fiber from the optical port. If the screen is no longer black but there are snowflakes, the optical connection may be good.
3. Insert the other end of the jumper into the optical power meter.
(a) If the reading does not match the index, there is a problem with the transmitter and should be replaced.
(b) If the reading meets the specifications, proceed to the next step.
4. Make sure that the video BNC connection between the optical transceivers is intact.
B. The monitor screen has snowflakes (noise), and the data and camera control functions are normal. This situation shows that there is a problem with the light part. Continue to troubleshoot the fault according to the following steps: 1. Unplug the optical fiber from the optical port of the transmitter and insert an optical fiber jumper.
5. Reconnect the original optical fiber to the optical port of the transmitter. On the receiver side, perform steps 2 to 3 above. The reading of the optical power meter must at least reach the minimum calibrated value of the receiver’s input energy.
(a) If the reading is slightly lower, there may be a problem with the optical fiber and should be replaced.
(b) If the reading is very low, the optical cable may be damaged and need to be replaced. If the reading is normal, it means that the receiver has a problem and should be replaced.
(C). The video is normal but there is a problem with the camera control. This shows that the fiber is good. When the fiber attenuation increases, the loss of video will be greater than the loss of control data of the PTZ.
1. Before transmitting the control signal of the PTZ, check the TD (Data Activity) LED indicator on the receiver. When data is being transmitted, the indicator light is always on, or flashes following your operation. If this is not the case and there is no problem with the electrical connection, the receiver may have a problem and needs to be replaced.
2. When the control signal of the PTZ is sent to the other end connected to the optical fiber-the transmitter, the RD indicator light is always on, or it flashes following your operation, and the electrical connection is correct, but the camera control still cannot If it works normally, there is a problem with the transmitter and should be replaced. If the RD indicator does not light up, there may be a problem with the transmitter or a problem with the receiver. Contact the manufacturer for further guidance.